The pre-preparation stories:
I love optimizing everything. The lamp
wick is fixed, the oil is poured in, and a matchstick is kept ready right on
top of the matchbox—the only thing left to do is light the lamp the next
morning. The pulses are washed, put into the vessel, and placed inside the
cooker, crowned with the whistle; all Sudhi have to do is turn on the gas. The
rice is measured and kept in its vessel, and the exact quantity of water is
kept ready in a steel bottle next to it—once the rice is washed, the water is
poured in and it's ready for the cooker.
The veggies that Sudhi must chop are
all washed and kept ready. The measured quantity of milk for our coffee/tea
after brekky is kept ready in its vessel. The plates are all set out by Sudhi.
The tiffin boxes are completely set, with the spoons already placed inside for
both Puttu and me. Even my buttermilk with chia seeds is kept ready in the
fridge from the previous night.
All of this happens the night before.
Even the podcast I love listening to is kept ready and loaded so I can just hit
play while doing my kitchen chores.
Our clothes for the next day are kept
ready. Puttu’s dry snacks are packed. If it’s a Wednesday(Bake Day/Steamed
Brekky’s like idli, unde) or Thursday(Whole grains/millet rottis), the pulses
that need to be soaked are measured and left right on the counter so I don't
forget to soak them, meaning the moment I get home, I can immediately start
grinding. A week's menu is planned, and the veggies needed are always decided a
day ahead.
Sundays
are a different story—I absolutely do not want to be busy. So I plan the week
in such a way that the sprouted green moong is ready exactly on Sunday morning.
That way, I don't need to cook anything elaborate or spend ages in the kitchen.
I never knew that these little
pre-preparations could help me save those tiny microseconds. But they really do
add up, giving me peaceful breakfast sessions and calm mornings. It takes a lot
to run a home, but a little bit of planning keeps the chaos in check. 🤍
Daily Micro-Habits:
- Toothbrush Squats: Squatting while
brushing teeth in the morning.
- High-Shelf Reaches: Keeping everyday
kitchen items on high shelves to stretch and stand on toes.
- Commute Foot Movements: Lifting and dropping
feet/heels while traveling to work.
- Backward Running: Incorporating reverse
running into runs with Puttu.
Comments
Post a Comment